We are going to celebrate His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama’s 81st Birthday at the Stupa this Sunday July 10, 2016.
10:00 am Teaching on the importance of stupas and the benefit they bring to our environment, the benefit of smoke offering.
11:00 am Smoke offering prayers to pay homage to the Buddhas and guardians of the five elements (earth, water, fire, air and space).
Long life prayers to His Holiness Dalai Lama.
12:00 pm Potluck lunch
After lunch circumambulate the stupa.
- 9:00 a.m. meet at the Temple if you need a ride or wish to carpool from the N.E. area – 96 Whitehaven Crescent N.E.
- 9:45 a.m. meet at the Stupa, 470 85 St S.W., near Canada Olympic Park.
- There will be a tent set up next to the Stupa.
- The property caretaker has kindly offered the washroom in his home for our use. We are very grateful for this.
What to bring
- Folding chair or mat to sit on. If you have extras please bring them for those who can’t bring it.
- Wear comfortable shoes as there is a short hike to the Stupa.
- whatever you need for your outdoor comfort – hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, umbrella, bug repellent, etc.
- potluck contribution
We are happy to help facilitate car-pooling as there are parking spaces for approximately 20 cars. If you would like to participate, please let me know your general geographic location and whether you are offering or requesting a ride.
Map link to the Stupa