JTCL Calgary is a registered Canadian charity. Donations support the vital work of JTCL to bring insight and awareness of Tibetan Buddhism teachings to a growing community.
We rely on the generosity of our Sangha to bring H.H. The Dalai Lama’s vision of one human family to life for the benefit of all sentient beings. Your charitable gifts help us provide access to teachings, retreats, and work towards our permanent temple.
One great way you can support us is by becoming a regular donor. You can choose the amount and frequency of your recurring gift. Even a modest gift of $15 or $25 a month would be a big help.
If you need help email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can set up your monthly gifts today.
Alternative Donation Options
- Donate Online
- If you already have an account on other online platforms (CanadaHelps, CHIMP, Benevity, etc.), they are also a good option.
- You can use the Donation Box located by the front entrance of JTCL Temple
- If you have a specific funding area in mind please write on the provided envelopes (e.g. New Temple Fund, Geshe la’s needs, general upkeep, offerings..)Be sure to enclose the information slip near the box if you require a tax receipt.
- Offerings after teaching, special event or Teacher’s Blessing
- Present a kata (scarf) and envelope with an offering inside to Geshe La from which he will offer you his personal blessings.
Donation Receipt Policy
Donors are eligible to claim donations to our organization in their tax returns. We encourage you to donate online for the easiest issue of your tax receipt.
If donating by cash/cheque, we issue receipts only for donations satisfying these criteria:
- Minimum donation value of $25
- Enclosed donor information required for issuing the receipt
- Full name
- Email (we are only providing receipts via email at this time)
- Please include the above information on a slip of paper alongside the donation in an envelope
We are sorry that at this time we cannot issue receipts for gifts-in-kind. Note that high value gifts will be handled on a case-by-case basis.