THE JAM TSE CHO LING TIBETAN BUDDHIST TEMPLE IN CALGARY (JTCL), was founded by His Eminence The 9th Tulku Neten Rinpoche and is dedicated to the preservation of Tibetan Buddhism of Nalanda tradition and to make available its precious teachings to all who seek to live happy and meaningful lives. Through this, our temple hopes to fulfill the purpose of Buddha’s teachings; helping practitioners to realize their boundless compassion and wisdom, thus protecting the welfare of all living beings and ultimately attaining full enlightenment. Our Temple draws on the teachings of His Holiness the Dalai Lama by becoming instrumental in promoting world peace, harmony among all people and their respective faiths.
The meaning of Jam Tse Cho Ling:
- JAM means loving-kindness
- TSE means compassion
- CHO means Buddha’s teachings or Doctrine or Dharma. It can be subsumed under two categories:
- Scriptural teachings: The transmission of Buddha’s teachings extant in oral and scriptural form.
- The transmission of insight: wisdom and realizations gained through practice of the training.
- LING means a Centre where Buddha’s doctrine is taught and practiced
Jam Tse Cho Ling stands for a place where everyone learns and practices Buddha Shakya Muni’s precious teachings in order to cultivate and achieve good qualities such as loving-kindness, compassion, wisdom and other virtues, for the supreme enlightenment.
As we create this website, we remember the kindness that His Holiness the Dalai Lama has shown to all sentient beings and his relentless work to create world of peace and compassion. May we each aspire to emulate His example. Long Live H.H. 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet. May His aspirations for world and Tibet be realized quickly.