FIRST EVER JTCL BLESSING OF THE ANIMALS
Hello Dharma Friends,
There will be a Blessing of the Animals for us on Saturday, July 21, 2018.
The ceremony begins at 11:00 a.m. and concludes about 1:00 p.m.
It will be held at 96 Whitehaven Crescent NE, Calgary, Alberta.
Geshela will preside for the ceremony.
Bring your animals/pets. Yes, that’s right, animals or pets. Some people do not have a pet and there are many animals that benefit from a blessing. (You benefit too.) So, do come.
There will be a pot luck lunch. Food will be appreciated.
This is our first Blessing of the Animals and a few simple rules are in order:
- Please maintain control of your animal/pet at all times. Use a leash or a cage. A light cloth to cover their cage is often soothing.
- Please be prepared to clean up after your animal/pet. A receptacle will be provided.
- Please provide any food, water or medication your animal/pet may need and their dish. However, avoid or be careful giving treats, etc. in front of other animals. This could lead to some jealousy and fighting.
- Be mindful of animals overheating. An umbrella is handy as is a wet cloth.
- Feel free to invite a responsible guest and their animal/pet who is aligned with the principles of giving and receiving blessings.
- An animal that is too old or sick to come… take blessed water or pet food to them afterwards.
There are sites on the Web that tell about Tibetan Buddhist practices of Blessing the Animals. Please note that our practice will be unique to Geshela.
Please RSVP with us so that we can prepare for how many will come. Contact:
See you on Saturday, July 21st at 11 a.m.