The next series of Geshe la’s teachings is on the Six Preparatory Practices (Jorchoe), and will begin Sunday, March 5, 2017. These hands-on instructions will help us to prepare our environment, body, and mind to be open to the presence of the enlightened ones so that our practices become meaningful:
- Purifying the space and setting up the representations of body, speech & mind of Buddha. This involves cleaning the altar room, setting up the altar, etc. which will be a very auspicious beginning.
- Arranging the offerings
- Resting in 7-point Vairochana’s equipoise, setting motivation, taking refuge and arousing bodhicitta
- Visualizing the merit field
- Accumulating merit and purifying misdeeds through the seven-limb prayer and offering mandala
- Requesting inspiration through prayers